Team Leader - Financial Services
We provide international financial services and if that doesn’t sound exciting to you, we can assure you it is! We challenge you to come and work for us in a multilingual fun environment, where most speak at least two languages, and we communicate daily with people in many different countries across Europe!
We are currently recruiting for a Team Leader who will report to the Account Manager.
The purpose of the job is to ensure the provision of quality technical and customer service support to the customers of Sykes clients. This will be accomplished by the motivation and first line management of the Communicators, Technical Support Agents and Administration Assistants as well as all other approved resources necessary to meet specified service levels.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND END RESULTS
Gain the commitment of employees to the company goals and objectives
- Communication of company policy and procedure to staff and ensure that they are adhered to.
- Communication of performance goals and measures to staff and provision of regular and constructive feedback via PEP feedback sessions and Performance Reviews in line with agreed processes and timescales.
- Motivation, monitoring, calibration, coaching, training and development of employees as required
- To identify and implement any staff training needs.
- To provide counsel where there are performance or conduct issues and, in conjunction with the HR department, to take appropriate disciplinary action where required, in line with the company policy.
- Ensure that agents have the knowledge, skills and equipment required to carry out their function effectively and efficiently and escalate any issues where appropriate
- Ensure effective recruitment of appropriate staff to the team, including conducting interviews and liaison with the recruitment agency
- Development and implementation of employee work schedules, including breaks, holidays and off-line time.
- Resolution of any escalations which occur in line with the agreed procedure
- Meet or exceed account performance measures e.g. abandon rates, average talk times etc. for the team
- Ensure client satisfaction on quality and service levels
- PLANNING AND ORGANISING
- Ensure that the team is sufficiently staffed through effective scheduling to provide a quality service for the clients.
- Organise training and coaching for staff
- Plan the monitoring of staff performance
- Plan the regular feedback to staff of their performance via appropriate methods, eg PEP feedback sessions
- DECISION MAKING
- The post holder will have to make various decisions relating to the performance and conduct of staff in their team.
- The post holder will have to resolve staffing issues to ensure that service levels are met or exceeded
- The post holder will make decisions relating to customer service and or technical support issues.
- TEAM MANAGEMENT
- The post holder will be directly responsible for the management of their designated team
- The post holder will report directly to the Team Manager/Account Manager.COMMUNICATION
- Internally: Account Managers, team members and colleagues, Local IT department, Human Resources department.
- Externally:Customers and Clients (where appropriate).EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Educated to at least HND level or equivalent qualification/experience
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Management and interpersonal skills
- Report writing and analytical skills
- Ability to identify problems, collate data, establish facts and draw conclusions.
- Proficient with spreadsheets and word processing software
- The ability to stay calm in a crisis