JOB TITLE: TEAM MANAGER
REPORTS TO: ACCOUNT MANAGER
1. PURPOSE OF JOB
To drive the attainment of Service Level Agreements across the team. To provide quality technical and customer service support to the customers of Sykes clients by the coaching, developing and mentoring of the Team Leads in the team.
2. RESPONSIBILITIES AND END RESULTS
· Gain the commitment of employees to the company goals and objectives.
· Communication of company policy and procedure to staff and ensure that they are adhered to.
· Communication of performance goals and measures to staff and provision of regular and constructive feedback.
· Monitoring, coaching and training of employees as required
· To identify and address any staff training needs.
· To Provide counsel where there are performance or conduct issues and to administer disciplinary action where required, in line with the company policy.
· Ensure that agents have the knowledge, skills and equipment required to carry out their function effectively and efficiently.
· Participation in the recruitment of staff to the team
· Development, implement and monitor the employee work schedules
· To co-ordinate and influence in a pro-active fashion, system development requirements
· Resolution of any escalation’s which occur in line with the agreed procedure
· Meet or exceed account performance measures as agreed with the Account manager.
· Ensure client satisfaction on quality and service levels
· Conduct meetings with Team Leads to ensure effective communication of all company and group objectives.
· Conduct client meetings across all levels representing Sykes in a constructive fashion.
· Play a part with the other members of the group to make improvements to the benefit of Operational effectiveness and client satisfaction.
· On occasions stand in for the Account Manager in their absence.
3. PLANNING AND ORGANISING
· Ensure that the team is sufficiently- staffed to provide a quality service for the clients
· Organise training and coaching events for staff
· Plan the monitoring of staff performance
· Plan the regular feedback to staff of their performance
4. DECISION MAKING
· The post holder will have to make various decisions relating to the performance and conduct of staff in their team.
· The post holder will have to resolve staffing issues to ensure that service levels are met or exceeded.
· The post holder will make decisions relating to customer service and or technical support issues.
· The post holder will be directly responsible for the supervision of between 2 and 4 Team Leads each of whom will be responsible for the supervision of a team of approximately 12 staff.
· The post holder will be directly supervised by the Account Manager.
· The post holder will cover for the Account Manager in their absence.
· Internally: Account Manager, team members and colleagues, MIS, Training dept, Human Resources dept.
· Externally: Customers and Clients.
7. EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
· Educated to at least HND level or equivalent qualification / experience
· Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
· Previous supervisory experience
· Knowledge of the client and their products
· People management and interpersonal skills
· Report writing and analytical skills
· Ability to identify problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions.
· Proficient with spreadsheets and word processing software
8. SECURITY COMPLIANCE
Employees are required to maintain compliance with Sykes safety, security, and privacy programs. Responsible for being an active participant in the Sykes safety, security and privacy programs to protect Sykes' business operations, facilities, and physical and intellectual property and to ensure a safe and secure working environment for all Sykes' employees.
9. ETHICS COMPLIANCE
Sykes is firmly committed to conducting business in compliance with the letter and spirit of the law and other accepted standards of business conduct as reflected in the company's policies. Employees are encouraged to observe the highest standards of professionalism at all times, and are expected to adhere to Sykes policies on ethics and integrity.