JOB TITLE: ACCOUNT MANAGER
REPORTS TO: SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER
1. PURPOSE OF JOB
The Account Manager is responsible for the overall performance, service provision, client satisfaction, customer satisfaction and staff satisfaction of the client account within Sykes Contact Centre, Edinburgh, Scotland.
2. RESPONSIBILITIES AND END RESULTS
· Develops and maintains partnerships with clients to increase business and client satisfaction
· Functions as link between company and client
· Schedules, coordinates and facilitates client communication
· Sustains and grows business partnerships with client by offering proactive solutions
· Identifies problems, analyses trends and implements corrective and preventive actions
· Implements business operation and service solutions utilizing the continuous improvement process
· Maintains updated client contracts by documenting changes in scope and conducting period reviews
· Prepares, implements, maintains and reviews existing client projects
· Achieves and exceeds client service level agreements
· Deals effectively with client complaints and issues by escalating to the appropriate person and by taking the appropriate action when necessary
· Accountable for the performance of supervisors by coaching, creating and maintaining development plans, setting objectives, conducting performance appraisals, recommending training and encouraging individual employee participation in decision making
· Accountable for the identification of training needs of the team, for fulfilling those and ensuring a development plan is in place for a successor
· Accountable for liasing with any remote sites and ensuring that they deliver an effective, consistent, high quality service.
· Communicates company policies
· Completes, maintains and processes pertinent paperwork and records
· Accountable for the recruitment of staff
· Responsible for the accurate tracking of costs related to or billable to the client
· Responsible for ensuring that all related prices, costs etc are kept up to date
· Participates in creating budgets and forecasts
· Measures and tracks financial performance against forecast and budget
· Responsible for the accurate and timely invoicing of clients
Effectively Communicates and Interacts with others
· Proficient in oral and written communication. Employs effective listening and questioning skills.
Effectively Manages Client Relationship
· Actively engages and communicates with the client to build and maintain a productive relationship.
Effectively Manages Team Performance
· Achieves success by effectively managing team performance and reinforcing positive team environment.
Effectively Manages Account and Services
· Demonstrates excellent knowledge of contact centre operations and of client’s products/services. Demonstrates expertise in managing account’s performance
Effectively Analyzes Data and Information
· Ability to analyze, organize and present numerical data e.g. financial and statistical.
· Able to understand general financial information and carry out financial analysis to provide the best solution for the Client.
Takes Action to Build Business
· Consistently looks for ways to maximize resources and create revenue-generating activity within the account including the development of new/expanded services.
Effectively Handles Problems and Situations
· Works to gain a full understanding of any problem within the account and employs creativity and skill to appropriately address the situation creating a positive outcome for all parties involved.
Effectively Implements Change
· Demonstrates an understanding of the impact of change on the client and the organization and uses a variety of skills and techniques to effectively lead the account in a changing environment.
Effectively works in a Dynamic and Fast Paced Environment
· Ability to sustain high level of performance in a fast paced and dynamic work environment.
4 EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
· Educated to at least HND level or equivalent qualification
· Demonstrable experience in the customer service industry at management level.
· Extensive Client management and relationship experience.
· Experience in working to, achieving and exceeding client expectations, KPI’s and Service Level Agreements.
· Previous responsibility and accountability for Profit and Loss, including the preparation of budgets, contractual pricing and business plans.
· A high level of business and commercial acumen.
· Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
· Analytical skills:- the ability to identify problems, collect data, establish facts, draw conclusions and provide solutions.
· Experienced in the use of MS Office:- MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint as a minimum.
· Proactive and Innovative.
· Self motivated with a vision of continuously adding value to customers and clients.
5. SECURITY COMPLIANCE
Employees are required to maintain compliance with Sykes safety, security, and privacy programs. Responsible for being an active participant in the Sykes safety, security and privacy programs to protect Sykes' business operations, facilities, and physical and intellectual property and to ensure a safe and secure working environment for all Sykes' employees.
6. ETHICS COMPLIANCE
Sykes is firmly committed to conducting business in compliance with the letter and spirit of the law and other accepted standards of business conduct as reflected in the company's policies. Employees are encouraged to observe the highest standards of professionalism at all times, and are expected to adhere to Sykes policies on ethics and integrity.