Customer Service Advisor – Financial Services
We provide financial services throughout the UK and if that doesn’t sound exciting to you, we can assure you it is! We challenge you to come and work for us in a multilingual, fast paced environment, where most speak at least two languages, and we communicate daily with people in many different countries.
Within HSBC Business Account Opening (BAO) we operate 8.30am– 5.30pmMonday to Friday . Please keep in mind that business needs can change and in turn so can the shift patterns you will be required to work.
- 40 hours contract.
- 2 weeks training consisting of classroom style courses and side-by-side with an experienced Customer Service Representative
- Perks: employee benefits scheme that works with the best UK retailers
- Learning and Development courses
- Career opportunities within the account
Within HSBC, we adhere to a secure area policy. This means that no paper, pens or electronic devices (incl. mobile phones) are allowed on the floor, but don’t worry, we will provide you with your own locker to store your belongings. If you feel you would like to be part of this team and you are ready to show your best talents, please apply for this role:
RESPONSIBILITIES AND END RESULTS
· To support business customers with their online account application via phone and email whilst liaising with HSBC back office contacts.
· The job holder will provide a single ‘window’ and act as a representative for the company. Providing first class support and acting as a point of escalation in the resolution of cardholder enquiries.
· To develop and maintain a full knowledge of client products and services.
· To be able to recognise when a problem or query should be transferred to another department or a more senior member of staff.
· To deal with all correspondence as requested/required.
· Logging of all calls / contacts accurately and in line with procedure.
· To meet minimum monitoring criteria.
· To meet and exceed daily/weekly targets.
· This role will require flexibility over working hours mentioned.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
Full details of both pre and post training minimum skills are held within the department. Pre-recruitment experience, knowledge and skills required are:
- Fluent in English.
- Previous experience in Customer Service, preferably in the Financial industry
- Computer literate: Word-processing, Excel, internet and general systems usage
- Ability to work under pressure, detail oriented and flexible.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and customer service skills.
- Initiative, ability to multitask and prioritise.
- Experience in Cards business or an interest in financial matters highly valued.
- Sense of urgency and responsibility required.
- Problem solving and conflict resolution
- Effectively prioritise time & manage work to deadlines
- Take ownership of issues and liaise with the client and internal Operations to resolve
- Ability to work in a pressured environment and multi-task is essential
- Must be proactive and prepared to investigate issues off own initiative with the minimum of information.
- Excellent communication skills & ability to communicate at all levels Self-motivated and demonstrate high level of initiative Display a high level of attention to detail
Subject to Disclosure Scotland and credit check.