PURPOSE OF JOB
To provide an efficient, effective and pro-active level of service to all Facilities customers.
To provide relief cover for colleagues to ensure that the level of service is maintained at all times
Facilities is a support department primarily responsible for the upkeep and running of Calder House, and also provides support at Silvan House. Our customers are our staff who provide a valuable service to Sykes Global Services Limited clients.
It is therefore imperative that all Facilities staff attend to the needs and requests of their customers quickly and efficiently. To do this all Facilities staff must use their initiative, their professional skills and their diplomatic skills to ensure that the job is always performed to the highest standard.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND END RESULTS
- To work as Receptionist answering switchboard and phones, dealing with visitors and contractors
- To order contract taxis and maintain logs and Request Forms.
- To follow procedure regarding sub-contractor log books (callouts).
- To take bookings for Meeting Rooms and ensure Meeting Room booking diaries and schedules are kept up to date.
- To be responsible for updating Internal Telephone list (weekly) and liaise with Local IT to ensure Intranet updated fortnightly.
- To take bookings for Company Pool Car and ensure copies of valid driving licences are kept on file.
- Post holder will be responsible for placing buffet lunch orders with outside caterers, as required, and dealing with relevant internal documentation.
- To provide relief Reception cover as required (e.g. during holidays and periods of absence due to illness of other Part-Time Receptionist when full-time hours are necessary).
PLANNING & ORGANISING
- Post holder must ensure that all queries are dealt with within a minimum period of time.
- Post holder will be fully trained on procedures for completion of courier consignment documentation (waybills, etc), outbound mail procedures and outbound internal mail procedures.
- The post holder will be encouraged to use his or her own initiative on most occasions, with supervision available if required.
- A low level of supervision will be required, as the post holder’s responsibilities will be clearly defined. Supervision will be provided if required.
- The post holder will not supervise any staff.
- Will communicate with all levels of staff within the organisation on a daily basis.
- Will communicate with clients.
- Will handle variety of inbound calls through Switchboard & Reception phones.
- Will deal with external suppliers responsible for supply and delivery, collections, etc.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Previous experience working in a busy reception.
- Excellent telephone manner.
- To be of smart appearance.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel and E-mail (Outlook).
- Attention to detail.
- Customer service experience and focus.
- Knowledge of Meridian Switch desirable.